Monday, January 20, 2014

My First Blog Post

Welcome to my blog!

Hi! I am Evangeline Angeles from Taytay City, Rizal, Philippines.  I am a supportive wife to a businessman husband, full-time mom to my four children and a part-time home-based business entrepreneur.

I retired my job from a prestigious company in 2001 because the time came when my home needs a woman, my husband needs a wife and my kids needs a mother. It is very hard for a career woman to balance work and family. You need to have all the power and abilities to do that.  While trying to make it work, somewhere between the two may lack and suffer.  You may do it. But have you really given your 100% to the both of them?

This is the scenario when I was working then.  I was a "workaholic".  I leave the house very early for work and arrive home very late in the evening.  I seldom see my kids off to school for I leave the house ahead of their time for school. There are many times I work overtime that I seldom see them off to bed. My relationship with my husband is a lot worse.  We seldom talk with each other.  It is either he is asleep when I get home, I'm tired when I reach home or he is tired tending our business and the kids.  He is much more a hands-on dad than I am since his time is  more flexible since he is his own boss. I am always on the move, always in a hurry.  Other maters regarding kids and the home, we talk much longer through the phone while I'm at the office. But I do make it a point to be present in all my kids' events in school, although I have to ask permission to my boss for me to take a leave of absence or  to take my vacation leave. For a boss, if you as an employee do that too often is a no no .. he will leave a  bad mark for your promotion. You can't really balance family and work especially if you are a working mom. In reality, my kids are growing up with their "yayas and maids".

One day my husband asked me a question.  It was a very scary question that made me decide to quit my job.  He said," The kids are growing up fast, they need your support and guidance now. Once they've grown, it's a non-reversal process. You might wake up one morning and realize that they have all grown up and never recall how they were when they were young. Do you want that to happen?". So I did leave my job and played my role as a full-time housewife and mother. Regrets! None...I value and enjoy every moments I  have with my family and will never exchange it for anything in this world. Am I happy?  Of course! I am very happy that I was given a chance to do that. In our era, not all  working married mom can turn their backs on their company jobs and careers for the reason of money support for the family.  In fact,  I feel blessed and lucky for having a wonderful and responsible husband who values the family more than money, taking all the responsibilities of supporting our family and never relied on me to help him earn for the family.  He gave me the chance to experience how it is really to be a woman, a mother and a wife. Now, I have all the quality time I need for my husband and kids.  Indeed, I watched them grow!

As I said earlier, supportive wife to my businessman husband? I do the paper works and accounting stuffs of our business while he is in charge of the operations. Full-time mom to my four kids? I am now hands-on to everything they need including sending and fetching them from school, assignments, projects, events, activities, etc... Part-time home-based business?  I need plenty of time for the house...cooking meals, household chores, home managing. My spare time is doing my online business where I earn my own income on my own time, in my own space, in my own home. Do you want to know how? 




EasyHits4U.com - Your Free Traffic Exchange - 1:1 Exchange Ratio, 5-Tier Referral Program. FREE Advertising! free web site traffic and promotion

No comments:

Post a Comment